Tuesday 12 June 2018

THE WORLD'S BEST GRANDPA HAS ARRIVED


Father's Day came early and before Mike left to flt to Toronto two grandsons presented him with a Father's Day card which included a "World's Best Grandpa" award, with strict instructions that I am to take a photo of him wearing it at every stop we make as we continue this road trip.

We are all settled into an AirBnB for a few days and have a very full schedule ahead of us visiting friends and relatives before heading to "Cottage Country" on Sunday to continue visits up there. The weather has been beautiful here but there are severe storm warnings for tonight and even a tornado warning. No matter where you live in Canada, believe me when I tell you that you've not seen traffic until you've seen Toronto's. We moved west from here in 2004 and there are so many changes everywhere but the biggest is that it now takes 2 hours to do a 20 min. drive. The number of high-rises is staggering and our local mall, Square One is now about 4 times the size it was and I was one of only a few white women there this morning but the mall was really crowded (think Christmas type crowds elsewhere in Canada). I "had" to go to check out the "Chico's" store that is there. I had no idea they had any stores in Canada. Now that I bought a few outfits I will have to go home and do a major clean-out of my closet.

I mentioned the AirBnB and if you've never tried one when travelling you should check them out. We have a 2-bedroom basement apartment and it's quite lovely and only $60/night.
This is the kitchen:


No comments:

Post a Comment